E.D. Wulfe Named 2017 AAF-Houston Trailblazer
20th Annual Awards Gala at The Junior League of Houston on November 29, 2017
The American Advertising Federation-Houston will honor E.D. (Ed) Wulfe, Chairman and CEO of Wulfe & Co., with its AAF-Houston Trailblazer Award on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at The Junior League of Houston.
The annual AAF-Houston Trailblazer Award Gala is an AAF-Houston fund-raising activity that focuses on education. Proceeds help fund scholarships, internships, community outreach, and educational activities for aspiring young advertising and marketing professionals in Houston. Annual scholarships are awarded to college students within the AAF Tenth District that includes Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
The Trailblazer Gala evening will feature a cocktail reception at 6 p.m. and silent and art auctions that include one-of-a-kind art pieces created by members of the advertising and design community, followed by a special award presentation and seated dinner. Cocktail attire suggested. For event details, to purchase tickets, and sponsorship information, visit www.aaf-houston.org/ or call 713-237-9999.
The AAF-Houston established its Trailblazer Awards program in 1997 to recognize influential business leaders, who have built Houston companies through effective advertising, sound marketing, and corporate citizenship. Through integrated marketing communication programs, these trailblazers enhance their companies’ images and the City of Houston’s reputation for economic development, business opportunities and growth, and quality of life. The annual gala honors leaders who personify the trailblazer’s spirit and celebrates their energy, ingenuity, and creativity.
“The Trailblazer Award provides an opportunity for Houston’s advertising community to honor those marketers who make a difference,” commented Camille Bryan, AAF-Houston Presidents Council member. “The gala creates bridges between the wider community and the area’s creative resources to showcase the depth of innovation, talent, and generosity that our dynamic Houston market supports.”
Ed Wulfe is Chairman, CEO and founder of Wulfe & Co., a Houston based commercial retail real estate brokerage, development and property management firm. He has more than 51 years of experience in commercial real estate, community redevelopment and civic leadership.
A graduate of Texas A&M University, Wulfe began his career as a mechanical engineer and made his move into real estate in 1960. He spent seventeen years at Weingarten Realty where he rose to Executive Vice President and a member of its Board of Directors. In 1985, he launched Wulfe & Co., a commercial real estate brokerage and development firm. During his real estate career, he has been involved in all aspects of the development and operation of shopping centers and commercial properties, including serving as a Vice President and a Board member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Wulfe’s innovative development of the high profile BLVD Place received the Houston Business Journal’s 2015 Landmark Award for Mixed-Use development. Wulfe’s redevelopment of Gulfgate Shopping Center and the resulting revitalization of the surrounding area generated ULI’s 2012 Development of Distinction Award and two 2003 Landmark Awards for Gulfgate as the “Best Commercial Real Estate Rehabilitation/ Renovation Project” and the “Best Impact on the Community Project”, and his renovation of Meyerland Plaza Shopping Center earned two Legacy Awards for “Deals That Made a Difference” in 1995 and 1996.
Since 1998, Wulfe has served as Chairman of the Mayor’s Main Street Coalition where he leads the redevelopment of Houston’s Main Street Corridor. In 2003, he successfully chaired a city wide referendum to expand Houston’s light rail and transit systems.
In 2012 he Co-Chaired the City’s successful $100 million Parks Bond issue Campaign. He currently serves as Chairman of the Stadium Land Redevelopment Committee and Co-Chairman of the Broadway Scenic Enhancement Committee. Currently, he is a past Chairman of the Board and President of the Houston Symphony and a founding member of the Greater Houston Partnership’s Quality of Life Committee and the Steering Committee of Houston’s Quality of Life Coalition.
Wulfe is a member of the Executive Committees of the Greater Houston Partnership, the Symphony and Scenic Houston. He also serves on the Boards the Houston Symphony; Trees for Houston; Uptown Houston, Texas Bowl, Holocaust Museum Houston, the Foundation of the Texas Heart Institution, and the Methodist Hospital Center for Performing Arts Medicine. He is past President of Congregation Emanu El, past Chairman of the Urban Land Institute’s Houston District Council, and past President of the Holocaust Museum Houston. Wulfe and his wife Lorraine share and enjoy their six daughters and ten grandchildren.
- In 2016, the Houston Chronicle named Wulfe one of twelve “Houston Heroes” and the Houston Technology Center also named him Businessman of the Year.
- In 2015, Wulfe was one of five real estate leaders named by the Houston Business Journal as a “Titan” who helped shaped Houston.
- In 2014, Wulfe received CoreNet Realty’s Lifetime Achievement Award and he was also the Honoree at the Memorial Park Conservancy’s Annual Dinner.
- In 2012, he received The Center for Houston Future’s Eugene Vaughan’s Civic Leadership Award.
- In 2009, Blueprint Houston presented Wulfe with their Visionary award.
- In 2008, the Houston Chapter of the Associated General Contractors presented Wulfe with their Master Builder Award.
- In 2007, The Houston Symphony dedicated its Opening Night Concert and Gala to Wulfe.
- In 2006, Wulfe was inducted into the City of Houston’s Hall of Fame and was also named a “Texas Legend” by Cadillac/Channel 11 and The Houston Chronicle.
- In 2005, The Texas Legends Award was presented by the Galleria Chamber of Commerce to him and the American Leadership Forum also presented him with their Exemplary Leader Award.
- In 2004, the Rice Design Alliance presented him with their Design Excellence Award and The Park People also presented him their Leadership Award.
- In 2003, the Houston Business Journal presented him with their commercial real estate Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In 2002, Wulfe received the American Jewish Committee’s annual Human Relations Award.
- In 2001, Wulfe was honored as Scenic Houston’s Scenic Visionary.